The heartbeat of Kilimanjaro is found in the mountain villages…Know More
This 6 days Machame route climbing the highest mountain…Know More
The Umbwe Route is widely regarded as the hardest trail…Know More
Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and one of…Know More
Lemosho Route is a fresher route on Mount Kilimanjaro that…Know More
- 2 Nights, twin-shared, hikers class accommodation in the lodges, with bed and breakfast (dinner can be arranged on request and at additional cost)
- Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb, and return to your hotel after your climb
- All National Park gate fees
- All camping fees
- Rescue fees (Kilimanjaro rescue team fees)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cooks
- Salaries for mountain crew as per guidelines set by KINAPA
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the mountain
- Hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs & sleeping mat) (Not applicable on the Marangu route as all meals is served at the camps in designated mess halls)
- Climbing permit
- Portable oxygen (use in case of emergence)
- Walkie talkie (Communication during the trek)
- Optional return airport transfers between Kilimanjaro International Airport to the lodge
- Items of a personal nature
- Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$ 150 to US$ 200 per hiker – depending on number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
- Entry visa for Tanzania (US$50 per passport holder for most nationalities / US $ 100 per visa for USA passport holders)
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – compulsory depending on how you travel to Tanzania, Meningitis & Hepatitis A optional but recommended)
- Optional travel insurance
- Personal hiking/trekking gear
- Airfares and departure taxes
- Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet (Portable toilet not allowed on the Marangu route)
- Snacks, personal medicine and water purifying tablets
- Meals & drinks not specified and snacks
- Optional Emergency Portable oxygen to be used in emergencies only, not as summiting aid.
As for VIP packages no more info as you can just write Specification for VIP trekkers and link it as you link before.
Is known as the ‘’Whisky Route’’ and is also popular and quite one of the scenic routes on the mountain. Duration is 6 days, acclimatization is easier with a high summit success rate.
DAY 1 Machame Gate to Machame camp
Distance: 18km;-Hiking Time 5-7 hours
Vegetation: Montane Forest
Drive from your hotel to the Park Gate(Machame Gate). You will pass through Machame village which is located on the lower slopes of the Mountain.You reach the Park Gate for a few minutes registration and other formalities. Thereafter you head Machame Gate for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2 Machame camp to Shira Camp
Distance: 9km, walking Time 4-6 hours
After breakfast leave the glades of the rain forest and continue ascending across the little valley,walking along a steep rock ridge covered with heather until the ridge ends. The route now turns west onto a river gorge. Dinner and overnight at Shira Camp.
DAY 3 Shira camp-Lava Tower to Barranco camp
Distance: 15km, walking Time 5-7 hours
Vegetation: Semi Desert
From Shira, continue to the East up to a ridge passing the junction towards the KIBO PEAK ,Your direction changes to the South East towards the Lava Tower , after the Tower come to the second junction which brings you up to the Arrow Glacier 4876m/15,997ft.Continue down to the Barranco Hut 3860m/12,664ft.Dinner and overnight.
Although you end the day at the same elevation as you started, this day is very important for acclimatization and will help your body to prepare for summit day.
DAY 4 Barranco camp to Barafu camp
Distance: 13km, walking Time 8 hours
Vegetation: Alpine Desert
After breakfast leave Barranco and continue on a steep ridge up Barranco wall, through Karanga valley(lunch at 4200m/13779ft).Continue up to the Barafu Hut.You have completed the South circuit which offers views of the Summit from different angles. The two peaks of KIBO and MAWENZI are to be seen from this position. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 5 Barafu camp-Summit to Mweka Hut
Area: 4600m-5895m(and down to 3100m) 15,100ft-19,300ft(and down to 12,200ft)
Distance: 7km ascent/23km descent, walking Time 6-8 hours ascent/7-8 hours descent
Vegetation: Stone scree and ice capped Summit
Very early in the morning(midnight to 2am).Continue with the way to the summit, you head Northwest direction and ascend through heavy scree towards Stella point on the crater rim.This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek. At Stella point you will stop for a short rest and will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see(weather permitting).
From Stella point, you will encounter snow all the way on your 2 hours ascent to the summit At Uhuru peak you have reached the highest point of Mount Kilimanjaro and the African Continent. Faster hikers will see the sunrise from the summit.
It can be very cold at night at these elevations, but it will be quite warm by the end of the hiking day, you will need clothing for both extremes with you.
From the summit, you now make your descend continuing straight down to Mweka camp, stopping at Barafu for lunch. You will need gaiters and trekking poles for the loose gravel going down. Mweka camp is located in the upper forest and mist or rain can be expected in the late afternoon.
Later in the evening , enjoy your last dinner on the mountain and well earned sleep. Beers and soda may be available for purchase at Mweka Hut.
DAY 6 Mweka Hut to Mweka Gate
Area: 3100m-1830m;- 10,200ft-6000ft
Distance: 15km, walking Time 3-4 hours
After breakfast descend down to Mweka Gate, receive your Summit certificate. At lower elevations it can be muddy and wet. Gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and T-shirts will probably be plenty to wear(keep rain gears and warmer clothing handy).
From the Gate probably the vehicle will be there waiting for you(if the weather permitting) otherwise you will keep walking for another hour to Mweka village where you will meet a vehicle to drive you back to your hotel.